Infused cannabis chocolate bars and baked goods have come a long way since the start of legalization. After a lot of trials and experiments many companies have found the perfect secret to making perfect cannabis infused chocolate. If only Willy Wonka knew how good chocolate could actually get, he would have lived in Colorado! Here’s our top 5 favorite cannabis infused chocolates!
To describe Blue Kudu’s Bonbon’s as anything but delectable would be criminal. Offered in 100mg packages these dreamy dark chocolate pieces come in at a dose of 10mg, making them perfect for anyone new to edibles.
From infused honey to cannabis gummies and everything in-between, Binkse has always put quality first in all of their products. Topping that list is their mouth watering infused chocolate bars; Specifically…their Peruvian Nacional. Made with cacao beans that were thought to be extinct, these 100mg bars offer consumers a different type of dark chocolate experience.
Up until 2010 eating edibles was kind of like gambling. Without proper dosing it was impossible to know what type of experience you’d have, just like throwing dice at the craps table. The Incredibles team are true industry OG’s who arguably took this idea of “weed chocolate” and made it a reality and created the standard for consistently dosed infused THC chocolate.
Koala Edibles makes some of the highest selling cannabis chocolate bars on our sale floors! A product that stands out from the crowd is their Koala Krunch snacks which combine chunks of simple ingredients like graham cracker and marshmallow.
DIY Cannabis Infused Chocolate
Last but never least is the infused chocolate you make yourself. Why? Because everything tastes better when you make it yourself! Now with that being said…everyone should be aware that the chocolate you make home might not taste as good a Binkse Bar. However it’ll be very rewarding!
Below is our step-by-step guide on making your own cannabis infused chocolate in the comfort of your own home!
Step 1: Prepare your material
- Place anywhere between 14 – 28 grams of dried cannabis into a grinder
- Break your cannabis nugs up until its finely ground down into an even pile
Step 2: Decarboxylate your material
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit on the Bake setting
- Place your ground cannabis onto a cookie sheet or into an oven safe dish
- Set a time for 32-35 minutes
- Place your cookie sheet or dish inside the oven
Step 3: Infusing butter
- Measure out around 2 to 2.5 cups of butter
- Place butter into a sauce pan on simmer
- Once the butter begins to melt pour 1 cup of water into the saucepan
- Add your cannabis material in directly after the water and begin mixing
- Let simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally
- After its simmered, pour the sauce pan into a strainer placed on top of a bowl
- Begin preparing your chocolate for infusion
Step 4: Preparing and infusing your chocolate
- Fill one medium saucepan with 2 quarts of water
- Place another small saucepan or oven safe bowl directly over top of the large saucepan and bring water to a boil
- Pour in 2.5 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- As the chocolate begins to melt, slowly mix in your infused cannabutter
- Stir together for 7-10 minutes or until mixture is no longer lumpy
- Pour your mixture out into a shallow baking dish and let set for 1 hour
Do you think we missed a brand? Let us know down in the comments below and we’ll review their products in a future blog post! And if you loved our infused chocolate recipe please share it with us using #yumaway on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!